Last updated Jun 14, 2021
Discover the common use cases for Assignment Rules
- Support teams can create the rules so that everybody gets an equal share of support tickets to handle.
- Support tickets can then go to developers who also handle them in a predefined order.
- Dev teams can create a ‘Reviewers’ field which would be automated and updated every time an issue changes its status to ‘Code review’.
- With JQL restriction feature, a field can be updated after a certain period of time. For example, if an issue stays ‘In review’ for more than 2 days, a ‘Support reviewer’ field would be updated.
- When there’s a group of approvers assigned to a certain project, they can get an equal portion of issues to approve and avoid assigning all the issues to only one person.
- You can create a rule, where the approvers are assigned to pull requests in an organised fashion.
- Managers can use Assignment Rules to get assigned to an equal number of issues.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request.