You can take a deep dive with JQL for a specific search.
With Issue Beacons, you can comfortably search for specific issues with JQL in a glance panel in Issue View.
To learn more about JQL, see Atlassian documentation.
Issue Beacon introduces the $current keyword to JQL.
$current keyword represents a property value the same as the property value in the currently viewed issue.
For example, the
assignee = $current query returns issues that are assigned to the same assignee as the currently viewed issue.
To swiftly perform an advanced search right in Issue View:
- In the issue you are currently working on, scroll down to Context Issues on the right panel.
- Click With the same fields to view issues with the same field values.
- In the Context Issues glance panel, click Switch to JQL.
- The current button filters are translated to JQL. You can modify the query to perform a specific search.
When you begin typing a custom query, hints appear to let you quickly pick desired fields.
- [Optional] To return to basic search, click Switch to basic.
Custom JQL queries are not reflected in basic search results. Your custom query is saved for when you return to advanced search.
Specific search results are displayed in the Context Issues glance panel based on the JQL query.
## Need help?
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
*Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.