- Integrations points
- Create issue from template
- Apply template
- Apply template post function
- Legacy automation action
- Template custom field on issue create screen
- Apply template via issue property
Leading a project is a challenge in itself, especially when the list of responsibilities seems to be endless. Some of them are effortless, but there are also complex issues that require a lot of repetitive work. Have you ever wondered how much time does it take to complete such tasks?
While working in Jira you may have come across a time-consuming, redundant, manual work. Scrolling through the same fields and typing in the same data over and over again, throwing in tickets in a hurry with dozens of mistakes are only a few examples.
The Issue Templates for Jira app provides a solution, which helps to optimize and improve the quality of your work.
With Issue Templates for Jira you will be able to:
- Create templates for repetitive Jira issues
- Decide what fields to copy and when
- Add variables to auto-populate issues with changing field values
- Generate whole epics with sub-tasks to optimize repetitive work
- Create linked issue structures from a single template
- Manage templates in a single repository for the instance
- Apply template when issue is created or transitioned by using a post-function
- Copy Initiatives, Legends and more in Advanced Roadmaps, copy the whole hierarchy from a single template - infinite levels are supported
- Copy web links
These guides will help you to understand the purpose of all features and thoroughly lead you through the entire configuration.
Get the app
Check the latest publications about Issue Templates for Jira app in Articles & Videos chapter.