- Integrations points
- Create issue from template
- Recreate issue
- Apply template
- Apply template post function
- Legacy automation action
- Template custom field on issue create screen
- Apply template via issue property
This chapter provides information on how to add a template to the existing issue by using Apply template button.
Apply template feature allows you to apply a template to an existing issue. You will find the link to the dialog on issue view, in the Actions menu. Apply template supports Dynamic Variables.
To use Apply template:
- Navigate to the target issue and click More.
- Select Apply template from the list. Apply template dialog appears.
- Select a template.
TipIf you choose the Match type option, templates with the same issue type name as target issue will be available on select list.
- Click Apply.
You can monitor the progress of applying template in Report dialog. Close the report to let the process run in the background.
Issue is updated with the values from the template.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.