- Creating issue from template
- Button Create from template
- Add field Template to the Create issue screen
- Apply template
- Apply template post function
- Link to Create issue from template
Button Create from template
This page provides information on feature which allows user to create issue from template defined using Issue Templates for Cloud plug-in.
Before you start, check if you have the Create Issue button on the global sidebar. If not, check the UI Visibility.
To use Create from template button:
Click Create from template on the global sidebar. In the Create issue from template dialog box, select the following:
- Project: Select the relevant project.
- Issue Type: Select the issue type available for selected project.
- Template field: Select the template created in the Templates Repository project.
Click Next. The Create issue dialog box appears.
After selecting template, all fields defined in the Scope are visible in Create issue dialog box. Variables are dynamically changed.
Fill the rest of fields depending on your needs. For more information on screens, see official Atlassian documentation.
Click Create. If sub-tasks are defined in the scope of selected template, results of this operation appears:
a. Creating sub-tasks is completed.
b. Creating sub-tasks is failed.
c. None sub-task for issue from template was found.
To copy sub-tasks, set the state of the Copy sub-tasks switch to on in the Template’s configuration. For more information go to Copying sub-task. Sub-tasks must be also created in the issue template.
Click Create another to create new issue from template or Cancel to close Create issue from template dialog box.
The issue is created from template.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.