- Global configuration
- Template configuration
- Template scope
- Manage templates
- Supported fields
- Using templates
- Create issue from template
- Create issue structures
- Apply template to existing issue
- Recreate issue
- Use template custom field on issue create screen
- Default templates
- Direct link
- JQL searchers
- App Integrations
- Team-managed projects
- Jira Software
- Jira Service Management
- Advanced Roadmaps
- Issue Checklist for Jira
- Legacy automation action
- REST API
- Create issue and apply template with Jira REST API
This chapter will guide you through the features Issue Templates for Jira offers and explain how to use them.
Before you start, make sure you have all required permissions.
Set up Templates repository
Templates repository is a regular Jira project in which all issues automatically become templates.
Templates created in the repository can be used for creating repetitive tasks in Jira.
To effectively use Issue Templates for Jira, you need at least two projects:
- One project for templates called templates repository
- Another to create issues from previously created templates
To set up a Templates repository:
- Navigate to Jira Settings > Apps
- Click Configuration in Issue Templates for Jira section, on the left sidebar.
- Select a project from the list or Create New.
For details, see Templates Repository chapter.
Navigate to the following chapters to find out more about the features: