Learn about the app functionalities which can be configured in Settings
Before you start, log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
In the Settings section you can customize the basic aspects of your Requests page. Settings consist of four tabs:
- Requests availability - where you can restrict access to the Requests page for the selected users, User scopes, and Jira groups.
- Export - where you can set the maximum limit of the exported requests.
- Banner - which allows for customizing the redirection banner.
- Security Level - which enables you to determine the visibility of requests with Issue Security Level.
Before you start, access the My Requests Extension configuration and select Settings.
In order to manage the customer’s access to Requests, click on the Requests availability tab.
There are two ways in which you can give access to customers:
Switch off a green toggle in the upper right corner. This will disable all restrictions and give your customers unlimited access to the Requests page.
- Switch on a green toggle in the upper right corner.
- Click on Include tab and select your preferred groups, users, organizations or scopes which will be able to see the Requests.
Users, groups, organizations, or scopes which are not selected in the Include section will not be able to see the Requests.
In order to restrict access to Requests, click on Exclude tab and select the elements that will not be able to see the Requests.
- Users, groups, organizations or scopes which are not selected in the Exclude section will have access to Requests.
- Users that don’t have access to the Requests page will see a prompt redirecting to the native Requests page.
You can set the maximum number of exports each customer can make by entering a number from 0 to 1000. Number 1000 is set by default whilst number 0 means that exporting option is not available to customers.
- In order to change the exporting preferences, click on the Export tab.
- Enter the number between 0 and 1000.
Changes are applied instantly.
The exported CSV file contains columns and field values which were visible on the requests screen.
You can change the text of the redirection banner along with the button leading to the app’s Requests page. The banner appears above the native Jira Requests page.
- To change the banner text, click on the Banner tab.
- Enter your text for the left side of the banner.
- You can use the Rich text formatting and add bolded text, italics, and links.
- Below you can see a preview of your banner.
- Change the text on the redirection button. Maximum 24 characters.
- Click Update to apply changes.
Each time you want to make changes to an already active banner text, save them by clicking Update.
If you want to return the default redirection banner, click Restore default in the upper right corner. Keep in mind that your current banner will be lost.
Custom banner is visible on the native Requests page.
Issue Security Level Configuration
You can configure the visibility of requests with Issue Security Level.
Thanks to the My Requests app, global Jira administrators can decide whether the application should verify the Issue Security Level of displayed requests, or ignore the checking and display all requests to the customer.
By default, the customer will see up to 1000 requests that have a configured Issue Security Level. If the limit of displayed requests is exceeded, the customer will not see the requests with Issue Security Level in order to avoid timeouts.
The toggle next to Show all requests is by default turned off and it allows the app for checking the Issue Security Level of requests.
To ignore the verification and display every request, regardless of its Issue Security Level, turn on the toggle next to Show all requests.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request. You can also contact us directly from within the app by clicking Contact Vendor in the bottom right corner.