- REST API
- REST API
- Test Key
- Test Case
- Test Plan
- Test Execution
- Test Case Execution
- Tree Structure
- Example of use
This chapter provides information about navigation tools in RTM app.
Each feature has similar settings on the tree view and in folders.
- + - add element.
- Folder icon - add folder.
- Bin - delete object from Jira permanently or remove it from the tree.
- Clone - clone target elements on the tree.
- Search - use search to find particular element.
- Expand - display all elements within the tree.
- Collapse - hide all elements within the tree.
- Refresh - refresh the tree view.
- Import to tree - import issues to tree.
NoteYou can only import issues which are not added to the tree. Depending on issue types which are set in project configuration for specific module, these issue types will be available for import.
RTM app provides a default All folder that summarises all elements within the tree.
- Test Cases
- Test Plans
- Test Executions
After clicking on All folder, section is visible near the tree, on the right side.
Every folder allows to:
- View all - elements are displayed as a list.
- Filter - filter selected elements.
- Search - find elements on the list.
- Advanced - use JQL to search elements.
- Add/Remove Columns - decide which fields will be visible as columns on the list.
- Clone - clone marked elements.
- Delete - remove checked elements from folder and from Jira.
- Move to folder - move checked elements to another folder.
This section provides information on saving filters.
- You can save filters in following sections: Requirements, Test Cases, Test Plans, Test Executions and Defects.
- Created filters are available in all sections mentioned above.
To create a new filter:
- Edit default filter settings, for example: change columns order or displayed criteria.
- Go to Default Filter.
- Click Save as.
The New Filter dialog box appears.
- Enter a new filter name.
- Click Create.
A new filter is added.
- You can edit your filter and save changes by clicking Save or click Save as, if you want to create a new one.
- If you want to remove a filter, click Delete.
- You can’t change default filter settings.
RTM features provide Details section, where you can view and edit fields. For example, you can complete description, add attachments, change type of requirement, edit labels, assignee, status, priority and components.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
*Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.