This page describes how to create and modify steps.
To add new steps and modify ones, that already exist, log in as a user with the proper permissions given by Project Administrator.
Use previously created Sets of Steps to avoid writing common steps again and again.
Steps can be only added after creating the issue. This action is not available on Create Issue Screen.
To add Steps to the Test Case:
Go to the issue and click Enter Edit Mode in the Steps panel to start managing steps. In the middle of the frame two buttons appear.
Click Add First Step to open the form of the first step and fill the form.
If the Test Steps Repository contains any Sets of Steps, add them by clicking Add From Repository. Pick a set from the list. Steps from that set will be added to the step list.Note
Only sets with steps are displayed in the list. Empty sets will not appear.
Add more steps:
- Click Next Step to add more rows in the Steps panel. It is located under every single step and allows to add another step directly after the one above.
- Click Next Step to add new step anywhere you want.
- Click From Repository to use a Set of Steps.
- Click First Step to add a row over the first step. An empty row will appear above it.
Click Save And Exit to complete designing steps.
Steps have been added to the Steps field.
- Click Enter Edit Mode to modify Steps created previously.
- To change the order of the steps, use the drag and drop feature.
- Click trash icon to delete selected step.
- Click copy icon to copy selected step.
Support for Links in Action, Input and Expected result fields
It is possible to use two different types of links so that the user can go directly to the website by clicking the link.
Figure: Edit mode
Figure: Result on Test Case execution view with links