- Use Cases
- Introduction to Use Cases
- Self-service request editing
- Customer surveys
- Approvals with comments
- Assign agents based on language
Self-service request editing
This section describes the example of editing requests by customers with Actions for Jira Service Management.
Actions for Jira Service Management app enables users to interact with their requests. We can decide which fields customers can edit and they see if they have a permission to update a particular field.
This feature improves the support process in a way because agents don’t need to make all changes.
A customer wants to book an apartment in Memphis and fills in a request form. He’s arriving at the hotel on 15 February 2019 and coming back on 17 February 2019. As it turned out, he has to change his plans and he’s arriving on 14 February 2019. This feature allows him to reopen the request, edit the Check-in field and then close it. Each action he can take is visible on the sidebar of the request detail view in the Actions section.
Before you start, log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permissions.
Create an Edit transition
To set configuration:
- Choose Projects at the top of the screen.
- Choose the service project you want to configure.
- From service project sidebar, select Project settings > Workflows.
- Choose the workflow you want to edit and click the pen icon.
- Go to the Diagram section.
- Click Add transition to create a new transition.
The Add Transition box appears.
- Set the transition from Any status to Itself.
- Click Add.
- Once you are finished, click Publish. The dialog allows you to publish your draft and, optionally, save your original workflow as an inactive backup.
A new configuration is added.
Add an Edit transition
To set configuration:
- Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons.
- Select Workflow Actions from the menu in the Actions for Jira Service Management section.
- Go to Add or Edit transition > Transition.
- Configure the transition and click Add.
NoteAdded fields and custom fields are shown on transition screen on the Customer Portal and customer can edit them.
- Go to the proper request.
As you see, the Actions section is at the right side.
- Click the Edit action.
The Edit dialog box appears.
- Change the Check-in date.
- Click Edit.
The Check-in date is changed in the request detail view.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
*Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.