- Working with synchronized data
- Presenting synchronized data
- Using synchronized data in workflow
- Using synchronized data in JQL
- Using synchronized data in notification
Presenting synchronized data on user’s hover profile
Hover profile is a popup dialog that provides quick access to key information about other Jira users. Active Directory Attributes Sync app allows to show more details, such as job title, department, or phone number.
To present synchronized data on user’s hover profile:
- Add user to Active Directory server.
- Add user to Jira users (Jira Administration > User Management > Users > Create User).
Remember to use in Jira the same username as in Active Directory.Info
For more information on managing users in Jira, see official Atlassian documentation.
- Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons.
- Select Connections from the menu in the app section.
- Set fields in the connection which should be synchronized.
For more information on setting fields in the connection, see Fields.Note
Remember to select Hover profile in the visibility.
- Click Synchronize.
Selected fields with synchronized data from Active Directory are presented on user’s hover profile.
Figure: User’s hover profile with basic information Figure: User’s hover profile with information from Active Directory