- Working with synchronized data
- Presenting synchronized data
- Using synchronized data in workflow
- Using synchronized data in JQL
- Using synchronized data in notification
Copy Property post function
Active Directory Attributes Sync app provides an additional post function named Copy Property. This post function allows for copying Active Directory attributes to selected custom fields.
For more information on adding a post function to a workflow transition, see Adding a post function.
Before you start, log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
Adding post function
To add the Copy Property post function:
- Go to Project Settings > Workflows > Post Functions.
- Click Add post function.
- Select Deviniti [Active Directory Attributes Sync] - Copy Property post function.
- Click Add copy.
- Set necessary parameters for the post function:
- Source user: Select the user, for example assignee, reporter, current user, or user selected from the custom field (type: user).
- Attribute to copy: Select the attribute to copy (specific field name in Jira).
- Target custom field: Select a custom field to which selected attribute will be copied. Here are the available custom fields types:
- Overwrite existing value: This parameter is visible only when the custom field type contains a list of users. Select to overwrite existing value in the list. Deselect to add value to the existing list.
NoteTo use the user picker custom field, Contains user must be selected in the field configuration in the Connections section. For more information, see Working with connection.TipTo make creating shared issues easier, select the Request participants option. It allows for adding more users to the issue.
- Click Add.
It is possible to add more than one copy to this post function.
- Click Save.
A new Copy Property post function is added.
Updating post function
To update the Copy Property post function:
- Go to the Post Functions tab.
- Click Edit next to the Deviniti [Active Directory Attributes Sync] - Copy Property post function.
- Edit parameters for the post function.
TipClick the bin icon to remove a copy.
- Click Update.
Selected post function is updated.
Removing post function
To remove a Copy Property post function:
- Go to the Post functions tab.
- Click Delete next to the Deviniti [Active Directory Attributes Sync] - Copy Property post function.
Selected post function is removed.