- Working with synchronized data
- Presenting synchronized data
- Using synchronized data in workflow
- Using synchronized data in JQL
- Using synchronized data in notification
Using synchronized data in workflow
This page describes using the synchronized data in Jira workflows. It explains post functions and condition which are provided by Active Directory Attributes Sync app.
Please keep in mind that the synchronization works only in one direction – from Active Directory to Jira. If you want to make changes to the data in your AD, you can use one of our post functions.
Our post functions require administrative permissions to modify data in Active Directory. The user configured in your AD connection must be added to the Domain Admins AD group.
Active Directory Attributes Sync app extends the Jira workflow capabilities with the following aspects of a transition’s behavior:
- Copy Property (post function) - makes it possible to copy an AD attribute to the selected custom field
- Update Data (post function) - allows you to make changes in AD using Jira
- Only User From AD (condition) - helps you select the right request’s approver, such as the user’s manager in AD
Read the next chapters to learn how they can improve your workflow.
For more information about the basics of workflow, see the official Atlassian documentation.