- Configuration Overview
- Approvals Settings
- Workflow Configuration
- Approvals Configuration
Instructions to configure approval schemas in your project
To configure an approval schema:
Go to Jira Administration > Manage Apps > Configuration under Approvals.
Click Add a new item or Add.
In the New approval configuration pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Project - project for which the approval schema is created.
- Issue type - issue type in the selected project for which the approval schema is created.
- Status - issue status under approval review.
- Transition for approve - issue status transitioned automatically after all approvals are gathered.
- Transition for reject - issue status after a failed approval review.
Click Create. Approval scheme for the selected transition on the selected issue type in the selected project is created.Tip
To remove an approval scheme, click Remove under actions. To edit the transition under an approval scheme, click Edit under Actions. To save changes, click Edit in the pop-up window.
Click Configure under Actions.
In the Approval configuration pop-up window, complete the following fields:
- Name - name of the approval schema configuration.
- Count - number of approvals required to execute the transition.
- Users - specific users who can approve the transition.
- Groups - groups of users who can approve the transition.
- Roles - specific roles in the project who can approve the transition.
- Users CF - custom fields related to users.
- Groups CF - custom fields related to user groups.
- Excluded - users who cannot approve the transition.
Click Add. Configuration of the approval schema is added. In the Approval configuration pop-up window, you can delete it by clicking the bin icon or edit it by clicking the pencil icon.
An approval schema is created and configured.
When an issue of the selected issue type in the selected project is transitioned to the selected Status, a dedicated Approvals panel is displayed. The panel shows how many approvals are needed to transition the issue to the Transition for approve status. You can invite reviewers to the review process by sending them an email. The template for such emails can be customized in Approvals Settings. To send a review invitation email, click the Share icon in the Approvals panel. In the pop-up window, select the necessary number of reviewers from the list of users who fit requirements specified in the Approval configuration pop-up window. Once the specified number of required approvals is reached, the issue is automatically transitioned to the Transition for approve status. If any approval is rejected, the issue is automatically transitioned to the Transition for reject status. You can view approval history by clicking History under Approvals.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request.