- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
This page provides information on how to configure Dynamic Forms.
Dynamic fields feature allows for creating conditions upon which a field/custom field should be displayed after selecting an option in the previous field/custom field.
- To set a configuration, log in as a user with Jira Administrators global permission.
- Remember to add all configured fields and custom fields to relevant screens and issue types.
Add a custom field
Before you start add new custom fields provided by Dynamic Forms to your Jira instance:
- Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic Cascading Select,
- Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic Checkboxes,
- Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic Multiselect,
- Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic Radio Buttons,
- Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic Select.
Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
Click Add custom field.
Select Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic custom field from the list (in the advanced section).
Configure the selection criteria for the field: Name and Description (optional).
Select the checkboxes of the screens on which this custom field will be displayed.
Deviniti Dynamic Forms for Jira - Dynamic custom field is added to Jira.
Add a new configuration
To add a configuration of Dynamic Forms:
Go to Jira Administration > Manage apps.
Select Dynamic Forms from the menu in the Dynamic Forms for Jira section.
Click Create Dynamic Forms.Info
Supported custom fields: Dynamic Cascading Select, Dynamic Checkboxes, Dynamic Multiselect, Dynamic Radio Buttons, Dynamic Select, Select Options Mapper.
Select field/custom field from the drop down list and click Add.
Click … > Details to display more options.
When this option is enabled, None (=empty) value can be selected. To make it disabled, set the state of switch to off. Empty value will not be shown on the list.
Define if the field should be selectable. If you set the state of switch to on, the field will be a text box, which will filter the items. This option is dedicated for the following custom fields provided by Dynamic Forms app: Dynamic Select, Dynamic Multiselect, and Dynamic Cascading Select.
When this option is enabled, the last value of the field is stored, so that it will appear upon choosing that option again in the future. It’s particularly useful when a user changes the option but then wants to get back to the former option and remember the value that was chosen for it the last time.
This option also affects Jira Custom Fields Default Value. To make it disabled, turn off the toggle and the previous values of the field will always be cleared.
Define the field width in pixels. If this field is empty, the default value of field width will be set.
In the table on the bottom of the screen, there are four additional settings:
Select the option which will be a trigger for Dynamic Forms.
Select the field / custom field which will show up after selecting the option (defined in the Option).
We take every effort to make this feature work with any kind of custom field, even those provided by other vendors. However, we can’t guarantee that every non-standard custom field will be supported.Info
- Before you start configuring Related fields, see the list of supported fields
- Dynamic fields can be nested only three times (fourth level must be a field/custom field). You can increase this number. Read more in Deep Nesting section.
- You can also set Priority, Issue Links and Attachment as a related field.
Set the state of switch to on to make the field / custom field (defined in the Related field) required.Note
- In order to work properly, related fields shouldn’t be marked as required in the global Jira settings. Otherwise, all Bundled Fields’ subfields would be recognized as required and you won’t be able to differentiate required subfields from optional ones.
- If you’d like to make the entire custom field required, you can do so by setting up a Min. and Max. number of rows. For example, if you set up a Min. number of rows as 1 (or more), it will make it impossible to delete rows on the Create Issue screen and therefore practically make the whole custom field required.
- Jira Toolkit fields shouldn’t be set as required, since their purpose is not to provide any kind of input capability for the user, but to change Jira views with custom HTML.
Click the pencil icon to set: Tooltip message and Required validation message for language which you want. Click the trash icon to remove settings of selected option.TipTo add a new related field, click Select related field to start typing and press Enter to confirm.
After clicking the pencil icon, the configuration dialog box appears. Click Save to confirm changes.
NoteIf field is not required, a required validation message tab is blocked.
A new configuration of Dynamic Forms is added to Jira.
Default value feature is no longer supported by Dynamic Forms for Jira app. It means that you won’t be able to set Default Value in Dynamic Forms configuration. However, Dynamic Forms fields are Jira custom fields and can have a default value configured from Jira level. Read more about setting Default value here.
If your field has a default value, proper notification will appear in Dynamic Forms configuration.
This section provides information about nesting Dynamic Fields.
In default configuration you can build only three levels of Dynamic Fields in Dynamic Forms structure. Deep nesting toggle allows to increase that number. When this option is enabled, it’s possible to create unlimited amount of levels of Dynamic Forms configuration.
- Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons.
- Select Settings from the menu in Dynamic Forms section.
- Set the state of Deep Nesting switch to on.
NoteWhen Deep nesting is disabled you can only nest Jira custom fields.
You can nest Dynamic Fields in Dynamic Forms without limitation.
To make sure that everything works properly, go to the Create Issue screen, choose an option you configured and check if a related field shows up.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request.