- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
Hide Field and Set Default Value
This chapter provides information about Hide Field and Set Default Value custom field.
Hide Field and Set Default Value is a technical custom field which takes away a field from the edit screen of Jira and allows you to define its default value as well. It may be helpful when you want to hide a field which is required. Usually, it would result in a validation error (you cannot create issues with required fields left blank), but with this custom field you can fill out the field with configured value and hide it automatically.
This feature works with the following custom fields: Text Field (single line), Text Field (multi-line), Number Field, Date Picker, Date Time Picker, User Picker (single user), URL Field.
Additionally, it handles the following standard fields as well: Summary, Priority and Due Date.
To configure custom field:
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues > Custom fields.
- Click Add custom field.
- Select Deviniti [Dynamic Forms] - Hide Field and Set Default Value from the list (in the advanced section).
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field: Name and Description (optional).
- Click Create.
- Select the checkboxes of the screens on which this custom field will be displayed.
- Click Update.
- Expand the operations menu for the field you have just added, select Configure.
- Restrict the context of the field: select projects and issue types.
- Click Edit configuration.
- Enter the field ID.
Custom field IDs have the following form: customfield_ID (for example: customfield_10100). For the standard fields, see the table below (column Field ID).
- Enter the default value (mandatory for required fields, otherwise optional).
- Click Save.
Please remember to configure the default value for fields with a valid textual representation. For non-required fields, you may always left it blank. Here are some examples of correct default values for each custom field type:
|Custom Field Type||Correct Default Value||Notes|
|Text Field (single line)
Text Field (multi-line)
|Date Picker||1/Jul/14||1 July 2014|
|Date Time Picker||1/Jul/14 6:15 am||1 July 2014 6:15am|
|User Picker (single user)||rsmith||Ron Smith with user name “rsmith”|
For standard fields:
|Standard Field Type||Field ID||Correct Default Value||Notes|
|Summary||summary||My First Improvement||-|
|Due Date||duedate||1/Jul/14||1 July 2014|
A new custom field Hide Field and Set Default Value is added to Jira and configured properly.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
- Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.