This page provides information on configuring Select Options Mapper.
A Select Options Mapper custom field allows to create mapping between other custom field’s value and text or group, user, project (all provided from dictionary). It supports select, cascade select and Dynamic Select. For example, show a responsible person based on the selected department.
To set a configuration, log in as a user with Jira Administrators global permission.
Select Options Mapper is a read-only custom field, so it should be added only to screens that are used for view issue.
Add new custom field to Jira which is provided by Dynamic Forms app: Deviniti [Dynamic Forms for Jira] - Select Options Mapper.
- Go to Jira Administration > Issues.
- Select Custom fields from the menu in the Fields section.
- Click Add custom field.
- Select Deviniti [Dynamic Forms for Jira] - Select Options Mapper from the list (in the advanced section).
- Click Next.
- Configure the selection criteria for the field: Name and Description (optional).
- Click Create.
- Select the checkboxes of the screens on which this custom field will be displayed.
- Click Update.
A new custom field Deviniti [Dynamic Forms for Jira] - Select Options Mapper is added to Jira.
Configure a Select Options Mapper
- Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons.
- Select Mapper Configuration from the menu in the Dynamic Forms section.
- Click Create Mapper.
A dialog box appears.
- Add Select Options Mapper to start configuring.
- Select a linked custom field.
NoteSupported custom fields: select, radio buttons, epic status and custom fields provided by Dynamic Forms app: Dynamic Cascading Select, Dynamic Radio Button, Secured Multiselect, Secured Select.
- Select one of the mapping value type: Projects, Text, Groups, Users.
- Define mapped value for options which you need.
Select Options Mapper is configured in Jira.
To make sure that everything works properly, go to the Create Issue screen, choose an option you configured and check if a related field shows up.