- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Advanced settings
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
- Bundled Fields v.6.8.x - 6.9.x
- Bundled Fields v.6.7.x
- Multilevel Structure
- Using a multilevel structure on the Customer Portal
- User Synchronization
- Organizations and Groups Synchronization
- Issue View
- Issue View
- Add user's IP address post function
- Restart SLA post function
- Update SLA to date post function
- Request Form
- Additional custom fields
- Fields visibility
- Fields requirements
- Options visibility
- Additional options
- Configuration Manager Compatibility
Add user’s IP address
This section provides information on Add user’s IP address post function provided by Extension for Jira Service Management app.
Add user’s IP address post function allows to add IP address of logged user to issue’s comment (internal) or to any other custom field. Custom field should be one of the following type:
- Text field (single line)
- Text field (multi-line)
- Text field (read only)
Before you start, log in as a user with the Jira Administrators global permission.
For information on adding a post function to a workflow’s transition, see Adding a post function.
Add post function
To add an Add user’s IP address post function:
- Go to the Post Functions section.
- Click Add post function.
- Select Deviniti [Extension for Jira Service Management] - Add user’s IP address post function.
- Click Add.
- Select field or custom field which will store IP address.
- The Comment field is selected field by default.
- Select Include proxy server addresses, if you want to show IP addresses in the issue view. Remember, it works if the proxy is public.
- Click Add.
- Options for editing or deleting configuration are at the right of the table.
- Move the post function to the bottom of the list.
- Click Publish.
- When you are finished, click Publish. The dialog allows you to publish your draft and, optionally, save your original workflow as an inactive backup.
The Add user’s IP address post function is added.
Use Add user’s IP address
The example presents how Add user’s IP address post function works on the transition from In Progress status to Pending in this issue.
To check if post function works:
- Create a new issue.
NoteRemember to select issue type defined in the workflow created above.
- Change the status to In Progress.
3. Set the Pending status.
4. Check if Add user’s IP address custom field is displayed.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
- Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.