- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Advanced settings
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
- Bundled Fields v.6.8.x - 6.9.x
- Bundled Fields v.6.7.x
- Multilevel Structure
- Using a multilevel structure on the Customer Portal
- User Synchronization
- Organizations and Groups Synchronization
- Issue View
- Issue View
- Add user's IP address post function
- Restart SLA post function
- Update SLA to date post function
- Request Form
- Additional custom fields
- Fields visibility
- Fields requirements
- Options visibility
- Additional options
- Configuration Manager Compatibility
Discover ways to use external data in your Jira issues
You need the Jira Administrators global permission to configure Data Sources.
Data Sources is an extension of the Bundled Fields feature. It allows you to import data from external sources (such as JSON files) to Jira and display it in issues as Bundled Fields subfields.
You can use Data Sources in two ways: as Autofill and for Synchronizing options.
With Autofill you can display external data in two kinds of subfields:
- Text Field (single line)
- Text Field (multi-line)
Fields configured this way are always in sync with the data source, so any changes made to your external file will be reflected in issues.
The Synchronize options feature allows for using objects from JSON collections as options in Jira select lists. Supported subfield type:
- Select list (single choice)
With this option you have more control over the synchronization that can be automatic, initited manually, or disabled entirely.
Exemplary configuration is shown in the Synchronizing options chapter.
- To configure a new data source, go to Adding Data Sources.
- To connect a data source to Bundled Fields' subfields, see Connecting Data Sources.
- To change an existing data source, see Updating a data source.
- To use synchronized options, see Synchronizing options.
- For more information about Bundled Fields, see Bundled Fields Configuration.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise
a support request.
Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.