Extension for Jira Service Desk app allows to add links, group them, and present at the top of the screen on the Customer Portal.
To add a new link on Customer Portal:
- Go to Jira Administration > Projects.
- Select project from the Project list.
Welcome guide screen is displayed.
From service desk project sidebar, select Project settings > Links in the Extension for Jira Service Desk section.
The Link dialog box appears.
Configure the following:
- Group name: Enter the group name of links.
- Link name: Enter the link name.
- Link address: Enter the URL address with http:// or https://.
- New Window: Set the state of switch to on if the link should be opened in the new window.
- Link scope: Select one of the following options to define where link will be displayed:
- Global - in every place on Customer Portal.
- Shared - in every service desk project on the Customer Portal.
- Project - in the current project.
- Request types: Select for which request types link will be visible.
WarningThis option is active only in case of Project scope. All request types are selected by default.
A new link is added and presented at the top of the screen on Customer Portal.
Go to the Customer Portal to check if link is displayed at the top of the screen on the Customer Portal.
Figure: Link in the global context
Figure: Link in the shared context
Figure: Link in the project context