- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Advanced settings
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
- Bundled Fields v.6.8.x - 6.9.x
- Bundled Fields v.6.7.x
- Dynamic Forms
- Dynamic Forms
- Multilevel Structure
- Using a multilevel structure on the Customer Portal
- User Synchronization
- Organizations and Groups Synchronization
- Issue View
- Issue View
- Add user's IP address post function
- Restart SLA post function
- Update SLA to date post function
- Request Form
- Additional custom fields
- Fields visibility
- Fields requirements
- Options visibility
- Additional options
- Configuration Manager Compatibility
This section provides information on how to define for which groups selected field will be visible in the request types on the Customer Portal.
This feature replaced a Hide field from view option which was available in the previous version in general setting in the global configuration.
- Remember to add the fields to the issue screen and to the request type.
- To check your settings, go to:
Project Settings > Request Types > Edit fields > Add a field.
To set configuration:
- Choose Projects at the top of the screen.
- Choose the service project you want to configure.
- From service project sidebar, select Project settings > Visibility in the Extension for Jira Service Management section.
- Go to the Fields section.
- Click Add.
The Add Field Visibility screen is displayed.
- Configure the following:
Request type: Select the request type for which this configuration will be applied on the Customer Portal.
Field: Select the field from the list.
Hide for all: Set the state of switch to on to hide selected fields for all users.
Selected field will be hidden only on the Create issue screen on the Customer Portal. When the agent fills the field in Jira, it automatically becomes visible also for the customer on the request details view. The customer is not allowed to fill the field himself on the request form, he only sees the field after it’s given a value by the agent.
Groups: Pick group(s) for which selected field will be visible. You can restrict field on the Customer Portal for selected user groups but note that after submitting the ticket, its details will be visible on the issue in Jira for all users which have permission to browse the project.
To add a new group, go to Jira Administration > User management > Groups, enter name of the group and click Add.
- Click Save.
A field is added to the list.
Options for editing or deleting configuration are at the right of the table. Click the pencil icon to edit selected parameter or the trash icon to remove selected request type.
To check how Fields Visibility option works:
Create the new request:
- Request type: Request new hardware
- Added field to the request type: Hardware
- Groups for which this field (Hardware) will be visible: jira-support
Jira-support group can see the Hardware custom field:
Other groups cannot see the Hardware custom field:
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
- Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.