This section provides information about Copy values feature.
Copy Values allows to fill in fields in new issue with pre-defined values from template. Once the issue passes a transition with specific post function in workflow, values are automatically copied from the template.
Copy is a different feature than Autocomplete. In Set of fields for Copy, you choose fields that will be copied when a particular transition occurs, without using a template field. Autocomplete functions only after selecting a template in field.
Before you start using Copy Values, configure it with following instruction:
- Go to existing template or create a new one.
- Open Set of fields section in Issue Template Details.
- Select a Set of fields in Copy.
If you would like to configure your Set of fields for Copy, read more here.
- Go to your project’s settings.
- Open workflow.
- Choose a transition, in which values should be copied from the template.
- Click on post functions on a right sidebar.
- Click on add post function.
- Find Copy Values and add it to the list.
- Publish template.
Copy Values overwrites fields even if they are filled in by a user.
For example, you set Copy Values post function on create transition and start creating an issue. You fill in fields pre-defined in Set of fields for Copy with your own data and choose a template.
After clicking on Create, you see that your fields are overwritten with values from Copy.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.