- Template management
- Create a template
- Template Navigator
- Template details
- Direct links
- Use as a template
- Delete a template
- Using template
- Create Structure
- Apply template
- Comment field support
- Default template
- Global configuration
- Set of Fields (Scope)
- Template Repository Management
- Event log
- JQL Searchers
Template Repository Management
Discover the advanced Template Repository settings
You need administrative permissions to manage the Template Repository.
New templates are available and active by default. The Default availability settings allow you to determine the availability of all templates in the Template Repository:
- You can disable them overall if you need, by turning off the toggle.
- You can limit the availability of all your templates by choosing context values in the table below.
In case your templates are missing for some reason, the first thing to check is their default availability. If disabled, you can make them active again this way:
To make templates available by default:
- Open the Template Repository project settings.
- Click Default availability in the left sidebar.
- Switch on the toggle next to Enable Templates.
- Choose a context for each field.
Result: Templates are available by the default for specific context values.
The Availability tab allows users with the Edit Issue permissions to make a template selectable on the Create Issue screen and/or the Customer Portal. They can also limit the availability of a particular template to selected projects, project’s categories, issue types, screens, groups, users or current user languages.
To change settings within the Availability tab:
- Go to your Template Repository project.
- Select a template to open the Template Details panel to the right.
- Go to the Availability tab.
- Make the changes (they will be saved in real-time).
You can check template’s status in Issue Templates panel in the issue view. Read more here.
Read more about the Availability tab’s settings here.
Disable Template post function
The Template Repository project has a dedicated workflow TEMP: Issue Templates Default Workflow for Templates that allows you to manage your templates’ availability even further.
Adding the Disable Template post function to a transition overrides all other availability settings and makes the template unavailable in all contexts. The post function has two modes:
- Disable - if the checkbox is checked, the post function disables all templates upon the chosen transition
- Enable - if the checkbox isn’t checked, all templates passing the transition will be automatically enabled
By default, the post function is added to the Create transition in the Enable mode (the checkbox is always unchecked).
Even though you disable all templates in the Default Availability settings, the post function in the Enable mode will make them available again when they pass a particular transition.
Issue created from template
You can check which template was used to create an issue.
Go to the newly created issue > Details section. Template’s name is displayed in the Template tab.
Availability use case
Imagine you are working in several projects and two of your teams are located in different countries. You’d like to create a template available only for German- and Polish speakers.
- Create a template or use an existing one.
- Open your template.
- Go to Template Details > Availability.
- Switch on the toggle next to Create Issue Screen.
- Fill in the fields with context values.
- Select Polish and German in the Languages tab.
If you want your template to be available on the Customer Portal, remember to switch on the toggle next to Request form.
Template’s availability is limited to the specified language groups.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.