- User's guide
- Customer's view
Learn how to use, save and share filters
Before proceeding make sure that your Request Type’s name doesn’t have whitespaces at the end. Otherwise, your Requests will not be displayed when you filter them.
On the app’s Requests page there are two types of filters:
- Default - these filters appear in the Default section on the Requests page. Default filters are configured by the Jira administrators who can save, remove, and share them, but also can grant permissions to other users to save and share default filters with others. We recommend that this section contains only essential filters, useful for every user, regardless of the function or permission scope.
- User-created - these filters appear in the My filters section on the Requests page and, if they’re not shared they are visible only for the customer who created them. Customers can also share their filters so that others can see and use them, but only the original creator can remove or modify them. Once the filter is removed, it also disappears from every customer’s screen that the filter was shared with. By default, all the customers can save and share their filters. However, the Jira administrator can grant or restrict permissions for specific users, groups or organizations.
All requests, Open and Closed filters on the left sidebar are default and all customers can see them.
You can create and save your filters to access them faster in the future.
- On the left sidebar, select a filter from the Default section.
- Select the columns you want to see in your filter.
- Filter requests using selected criteria.
- Expand a drop-down list in the top part of the screen and select Save as.
- Type a name of your filter. The maximum length is 45 characters.
- [Optional] Share your filter by turning on the toggle below.
- [Optional] Select groups, organizations or users from the select field.
- Click Add.
- Click Save.
Filter appears in the user-created section.
Check the Top Navigation Bar checkbox, so the filter appears in the drop-down list on the requests page.
If a filter is shared, a special icon appears next to its name.
You can edit, override and delete an already saved filter.
- Click Edit in the upper part of the screen.
- Enter changes on the panel.
- Click Edit.
The filter is edited
To edit general filter settings, for example: columns order or displayed criteria, enter changes on the filter and click Save.
To see filter details, click Details.
Use an already saved filter to create a new one. Modify fields or criteria and click Save as. Also, you can choose Discard unsaved changes or click Delete to remove filter permanently.
To save filter as default, select Save as default from the context menu.
You can use filters which are shared by other users/groups/organizations with you.
To show these filters on Shared filters list:
- Go to the Shared filters section.
- Click Browse all.
- Select filter.
- Click Confirm.
A shared filter is added to the list.
If you delete a shared filter that you’re the owner of, it will also disappear from every customer’s screen that the filter was shared with.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request.