- Basic concepts
- Quick guide for Jira Administrator
- Quick guide for QA manager
- Quick guide for testers
- Demo environment
- Reporting & tracking
- Reporting and tracking overview
- Requirement Test Coverage Report
- Requirement Traceability Report
- Requirement Test Execution Report
- Test Plan Execution Report
- Test Plan Iterations Report
- Test Execution Report
- Test information panel
- Issue panels
- Export test issues
- Dashboard Gadgets
- Administration & Configuration
- Projects' organization
- Create project
- Project configuration
- TestFLO settings
- TestFLO Permissions
- Custom fields
- Advanced workflow configuration
- Panel Filter Result
- Import/Export TCT
- Test Automation configuration
- Upgrade reports
- Upgrade guide
Quick guide for Jira Administrator
On this page, Jira Administrator will find instructions on how to enable and configure TestFLO in a few steps.
- Install TestFLO on your Jira instance.
- Decide with your Test Lead or Test Manager on your project organization.
More information about project organization and how to configure the given approach you can find here.
- Enable TestFLO on existing or new projects using the given approach, or use the Getting Started page where you can enable TestFLO in three ways.
More information you can find on the Getting Started page.
- Configure Jira permissions and assign the Project Administrator role to the person responsible for configuring project-level test management settings (tests lead, test manager, project manager, etc., depending on your organization).
- Inform the configured project administrators that they can find the TestFLO settings in Project Settings > Test Management.
- Optionally, configure Continuous Server Integration for triggering automated tests from TestFLO (Jenkins and Bamboo are supported).
Contact your CI Server administrator to complete the configuration on the CI server side and inform your Test Lead or Test Manager that the CI Server is integrated.
- configure who can see the TestFLO menu in Jira’s top navigation, as described here.
- customize your test management process and:
- configure TestFLO’s global and project permissions
- customize test management workflows using validators, conditions, and post functions provided by TestFLO itself, or by third-party apps
- restrict Test Case edition based on issue status or user’s permissions
- configure the screens related to test management by adding or removing fields
- customize the panels shown on your issues
- change the way test steps are displayed by adding, removing or renaming columns
- Use TestFLO’s integration with Configuration Manager to move configuration or data between Jira instances, or between projects within the same instance.
- To learn about all configuration possibilities that TestFLO offers, go through the Admin’s Guide section of TestFLO’s documentation.
- In case of questions, please contact the TestFLO support team.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request.