CSV TCT Importer
The CSV TCT Importer allows to importing the Test Case Templates from a CSV file.
The CSV TCT Importer requires the Browse Projects and Create Issues permissions.
To import Test Case Templates:
- Go to the Jira Administration > Add-ons (Manage apps).
- Click the Import/Export Test Case Templates page in TestFLO section.
- Select the Import from Comma-separated values (CSV) option.
- Select the project to which you want to import Test Case Templates.
The list contains only project where the Test Repository is enabled.
- Pick a user which will be regarded as the Test Case Template reporter.
- *Optionally. Select a text custom field that will retrieve data from the textCfValue header column.
- Click Next.
Choose the CSV file that contains the Test Case Templates to import.
The structure of the file is described below.
Column headers in CSV file:
- issueIndex – ID of Test Case Template
- summary – Test Case Template name
- description – Test Case Template description
- stepGroup – Tests step group (optional)
- tctStepId – ordinal number of a TCT Step row
- Users Columns – List of users columns has to have the same size as in configuration
- components – TCT components
- assigneeId – TCT assignee
- textCfValue – Value of a text custom field
- requirements - Issuekey of issue type chosen as Requirement.
- preconditions - Preconditions for given Test Case Template
- The issuekey of Requirement in requirements header have to exist in Jira instance. Otherwise, the Requirement field on Test Cases Template will be empty after importing the file. Many values enter from the new line.
- Each next precondition should be separated by the # character. If the content of precondition has # character then it should be preceded by the ! character.
See the sample file with a structure - csv-tct-importer-sample-file.csv
*Optionally. Click Advanced and choose character encoding for the file (UTF-8 is assumed) and the delimiter (comma is the default value).Note
File column delimiter
A CSV file should be understandable in this context as any text file containing EOL-terminated lines of data separated by a distinctive character, each of which constitutes a single cell, not only a true comma-separated-values file. Please remember that the comma or the semicolon is not the best one, because characters of that kind do often take place in text strings or numbers that make up cell data. As a column delimiter, please choose a character which is not likely to occur in the content of column cells, otherwise the file will be misinterpreted and the import process will fail. Currently, there is no way to escape the occurrences of the delimiter in the cell textual content. We would recommend using characters such as a pipe.
Click Begin import to import Steps to Test Case Templates.
Information about the progress will show up. When the process is done, you will be notified.
The Test Case Templates have been imported. You can view the imported content by clicking the Browse imported TCTs. Each Test Case Template will be labeled with the name of the user who imported file and the date of import.