Test Case operations
Each Test Case has dedicated operations:
The Create Defect operation allows reporting defect when the Test Case execution is failed. It links automatically created defect with Test Case. The Create Defect operation is connected with the Test Case defect link in TestFLO Settings and Defects tab in the project configuration.
There are two types of Create Defect operation:
- Create Defect (TP req) which also links the created defect with the requirements connected with Test Plan,
- Create Defect (TC req) which also links the created defect with the requirements connected with Test Case.
If there are no requirements linked to the Test Plan or Test Case, the operation creates only a link between the defect and the Test Case.
You can also create defect and link defect to given step in Steps panel. To get more information, see Report a defect.
To use the Create Defect operation:
- Click the Create Defect operation from Test information panel or select from menu More.
You will be redirected to Create Issue page. Depending on whether the selection of projects and issue types has been limited in the Defects tab, the page will be displaying:
- if no projects and issue types were selected then the Project and Issue type field will be available to change,
- if one project and issue type were selected then the Project and Issue Type will be automatically filled and locked,
- if more than one project and issue type were chosen, then the selection in the Project and Issue Type will be limited to chosen pairs only.
Fill the neccessary information in fields and click Create.
The defect has been created. Information about created defect is displaying in Test information panel in Defects section and Issue Links.
Link with Requirement
To read more about Test Cases and its connection to requirements, see Link with tests.
To link with requirement:
- Click the Link with Requirement operation from Test information panel or select from menu More.
- On the Select issue(s) dialog select requirements that you want to link with given Test Case. After selection, click Select.
The requirements have been linked with the Test Case in the Requirement field.
Link with Defect
The Link with Defect operation allows you to link existing defects to Test Cases when the same defect affects different Test Cases. You can also link defects to the given step in the Steps panel. This operation works in the same way as linking a defect to the Test Case. The difference is that the defect linked to a given step will be additionally displayed in the Steps panel in the Defects section.
To use Link with Defect operation:
- Click the Link with Defect operation from the Test information panel to link the defect to the Test Case or click the … button in the Steps panel and choose the Link defect to link a defect to a given step. Operation is also available from menu More.
- Select defect/s from the list in the Select issue(s) dialog.
- Click Select to confirm.
Selected Defects have been linked to Test Case. Defects are displayed in the Test information panel in the Defects section and Issue Links panel. If you used Link defect at a given step, the defects will also be visible in the Steps panel.