- User's guide
- Projects' organization
- Test design
- Test Repository
- Test planning
- Test execution
- Reporting and tracking
- Import/Export TCT
- Export test issues
- Issue search dialog
- TestFLO menu
- Admin's guide
- Project configuration
- TestFLO settings
- Test Automation configuration
- TestFLO Permissions
- Custom fields
- Advanced workflow configuration
- Panel Filter Result
- REST API
- Upgrade reports
- Upgrade guide
When testing software, the number of tests is likely to grow fast and become really big. To be able to manage them easily, you may need to organize them. Some Jira features like Labels, Components, Fix Version and custom fields can help you categorize tests, however a dedicated multilevel folder structure might be even more beneficial.
Thanks to Test Repository, you can easily organize tests in each Jira project and build a custom structure that suits your needs best. Create new folders, add tests to them and manage these tests directly from the repository.
The Test Repository is accessible from the project sidebar. It’s view consists of two parts:
- Tree folder view
- Folder content view
- Uncategorized folder contains Test Case Templates that have not been categorized in any folder.
- All folder contains all Test Case Templates from a particular project. From this folder, you can start to organize your tests and add Test Case Templates to created folders. Select Test Case Templates from the list and drag & drop into the destination folder.
- Folder icon adds a new folder to the tree.
- Arrows icon expands/collapses all folders.
- Shows the number of Test Case Templates in folder and sub-folder/s.
- Folder operations are displayed by right-clicking on the folder. Menu contains:
a. Create Test Case Template - creates a Test Case Template in a given folder.
b. Create Test Plan - creates a Test Plan with tests from a folder.
c. Add to Test Plan - adds all test from folder to selected Test Plan.
d. Expand folder - expands folder and its sub-folders.
e. Collapse folder - collapse folder and its sub-folders.
f. Add sub-folder - adds sub-folder to the folder.
g. Rename folder - changes the folder name.
You can also change the folder name by double-clicking the folder name.NoteIf the deleted folder contained Test Cases Templates that have not been categorized in any other folder they will be moved to the Uncategorized folder.
- To move the folder in the tree structure use drag & drop option. Grab the folder icon and drag & drop the folder to the desired location.
- The path of the displayed folder.
- The number of displayed Test Case Templates.
- Refresh icon refreshes the view of folder and sub-folders content.
- Plus icon creates a Test Case Template in a given folder.
- Bin icon deletes selected Test Case Templates from the folder.
- Select all selects all Test Case Templates from folder/s.
- The number of selected Test Case Templates.
- Under Columns you can choose the columns/fields that will be displayed in the list of Test Case Templates. Select appropriate fields and click Save. If you want to change the order of displayed columns use drag&drop. Use the trash icon to delete the field from the view.
- Search bar helps to filter Test Case Templates using JQL from the folder content.
- The path of the sub-folder.
- To move Test Case Templates from list to given folder select Test Case Templates and drag & drop into the destination folder. To select several templates, hold down the Ctrl key and click the names. To gather several templates sitting next to each other, click the first one and then hold down the Shift key as you click the last. You can also use the Select all button to select all templates.
If in the folder to which you move Test Case Templates already contains these Test Case Templates, they will not be moved.
- To organize Test Case Templates on the list use drag & drop option. Grab the selected templates and drag & drop to the target place.
- List of operations in the context menu:
a. Add selected to Test Plan - allows to choose Test Case Templates from the folder and sub-folder/s and add them to the given Test Plan.
b. Create Test Plan with selected - allows to create new Test Plan with selected Test Case Templates from the folder and sub-folder/s.
c. Delete selected - allows to delete selected Test Case Templates from the folder and sub-folder/s.