- Bundled Fields
- Add Bundled Field
- Bundled Fields Configuration
- Format and validation
- Using Bundled Fields
- Advanced settings
- Bundled Fields Searcher
- Java API (ScriptRunner)
- Data Sources
- Email notifications
- Bundled Fields v.6.8.x - 6.9.x
- Bundled Fields v.6.7.x
- Dynamic Forms
- Dynamic Forms
- Multilevel Structure
- Using a multilevel structure on the Customer Portal
- User Synchronization
- Organizations and Groups Synchronization
- Issue View
- Issue View
- Add user's IP address post function
- Restart SLA post function
- Update SLA to date post function
- Request Form
- Additional custom fields
- Fields visibility
- Fields requirements
- Options visibility
- Additional options
- Configuration Manager Compatibility
Learn how to restrict the visibility of fields' options in request types
Options visibility gives the administrator a possibility to show the fields' options only for selected groups of users, making them invisible to the rest on the Customer Portal. If an option is not included in the configuration at all, it will be visible to all users. Once you configure some options to be visible for particular groups, only their members will see them on the Customer Portal.
- Remember to add the fields to the issue screen and to the request type.
- To check your settings, go to:
Project Settings > Request Types > Edit fields > Add a field.
- Go to Project settings.
- Select Visibility under the Extension for Jira Service Management section.
- Go to the Options section.
- Click Add.
- In the Add Options Visibility panel configure the following:
- Request type: Select the request type for which this configuration will be applied on the Customer Portal.
- Field: Select the field from the list.
- Options: Select option(s) which will be visible for selected group(s).
- Groups: Pick group(s) for which selected request type will be visible.
To add a new group, go to Jira Administration > User management > Groups, enter a name of the group and click Add.
- Click Save.
A visibility restriction is added.
Visibility options that are not added to configuration will be visible for every user.
Options for editing or deleting configuration are to the right of the table. Click the pencil icon to edit or the trash icon to remove selected configuration.
We want the Administrator option to be visible only for the jira-support group so that the customer doesn’t accidentally request resetting the administrator password.
- Visibility configuration
- Option visible for jira-support group
- Option not visible for anybody outside the group
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.
- Include as much information as possible to help our support team resolve your issue faster.