- Integrations points
- Create issue from template
- Apply template
- Apply template post function
- Legacy automation action
- Template custom field on issue create screen
- Apply template via issue property
Copy links and linked issues
This chapter provides information about copying links and linked issues.
With Issue Templates for Jira app, you can copy issue links and even create new issues from linked templates. It’s also possible to copy Web links.
As soon as the app detects a link pointing to an issue that is also a template:
- it will create a new issue from that template and
- rewrite the link so that it points to that new issue
If a link doesn’t point to a template, the app will copy the link as it is.
Autocomplete in Create issue dialog
If the link points to a template, it won’t be displayed in the Create issue dialog. All issues from linked templates will be generated right after creating an issue. As you can select only one type of link in Create issue dialog, we decided not to show linked templates at all.
Issue Templates for Jira app copies web links without any additional configuration.