- User's guide
- Projects' organization
- Test design
- Organizing tests
- Test planning
- Test execution
- Reporting and tracking
- Import/Export TCT
- Export test issues
- Issue search dialog
- TestFLO menu
- Admin's guide
- Project configuration
- TestFLO settings
- Test Automation configuration
- TestFLO Permissions
- Custom fields
- Advanced workflow configuration
- Panel Filter Result
- REST API
- Upgrade reports
- Upgrade guide
Reporting and tracking
This page provides information about possibility of use reports and how to track tests progress.
With Test Reports you can easily track test progress, measure test results, and analyze complete requirements traceability. You can explore tests data with:
- Requirement Test Coverage Report
- Requirement Traceability Report
- Requirement Test Execution Report
- Test Plan Execution Report
- Test Plan Iterations Report
- Test Execution Report
The Test Reports page is available in project when:
test execution is enabled in the Test Execution tab (available Test Plan Execution Report)
requirements are defined in the Requirements tab (available Requirement Test Coverage Report, Requirement Traceability Report, Requirement Test Execution Report in the project from which the requirements have been defined)
To get to the Test Reports page:
Click on Projects in main bar in Jira and select project from list.
Click on Test Reports on left side menu.
View of Test Reports page.
Tracking on issue
An equally important element is the ability to track progress on a given test issue. It is possible with the few functionalities provided by TestFLO.
Test information panel
Test information panel shows progress of Test Cases or Steps execution (it depends which test issue is displayed). In a quick and easy way you can check how many tests or steps have been execute or not and with what result.
To learn more see Test information panel.
Defects from Test Cases panel
Defects from Test Cases panel shows all defects that have been reported in Test Cases as part of a given Test Plan. You can quickly verify what defects are at which stage.
See more at Defects from Test Cases panel.
When TestFLO is enabled in the project along with the test issue types two custom fields become available for tracking progress:
- TP Progress is displayed on Test Plan issue type and shows percentage progress of Test Cases under certain Test Plan. The percentage of progress is calculated based on the Test Case statuses selected in the configuration.
See TP Progress to get more information about configuration.
- Steps Progress is displayed on Test Case issue type and shows percentage progress of Steps execution. The percentage of progress is calculated based on the Steps statuses selected in the configuration.
See Steps Progress to get more information about configuration.
After enabling modules in Test Management an special panels (Panel Filter Result type) are created. Panel Filter Result is a custom panel showing a list of issues from a JQL filter having a common value in a certain field (e.g. Requirement). By default, the following panels are created:
1) On requirement issue view:
- Coverage which shows a list of Test Case Templates connected with certain requirement
- Test Progress which shows a list of Test Plans connected with certain requirement
- Test Under Execution which shows a list of Test Cases connected with certain requirement
- Defects which shows a list of Defects connected with certain requirement
2) On Test Cases Template issue view:
- Test Progress which shows a list of Test Cases created from certain Test Case Template
See Issue panels to get more information.
Jira Dashboards and searching data with JQL
Provided by TestFLO test issues are native Jira issue types. With these issues, we give test data for use in functionalities provided by Jira like creating filters and searching with JQL in Issue Navigator. Also, you can manage Jira Dashboards with a lot of visualizations, statistics, and metrics using gadgets.
Click JQL functions and learn more on how to use dedicated filters in Jira.
See sample gadgets which can be used on Dashborads. Click Reporting dashboards to learn more.