- Integrations points
- Create issue from template
- Apply template
- Apply template post function
- Legacy automation action
- Template custom field on issue create screen
- Apply template via issue property
This chapter provides information on how to configure a template.
Every issue created in Templates repository becomes a template. Thus, to start using a template you need to create a regular Jira issue, where:
- fields visible on the Create Issue screen depends on screen configuration
- fields values are customized
Basic template has default settings that can be changed at any time:
- issue Summary is copied and used as a Template’s name
- template’s child inherits scope from parent,
- template is already configured to copy sub-tasks,
- Make template selectable toggle is switched on, so that template can be used as a primary template (can be directly selected in Template select or Template custom field),
- template is available in all projects.
To change the default configuration, open your template and click the Templates configuration quick-add button.
In the General section:
- Template’s name is copied from the Summary field, and can be changed here. Thanks to that, you can easily browse templates in a drop-down list.
NoteIf you leave Template’s name field empty, it will rollback to Summary’s value.
- Make template selectable toggle allows you to switch off the template in drop-down list. Switch it off for secondary templates, like your Stories under Epic, which you don’t want to use directly.
- In Scope you can select the set of template’s fields. With Inherit option, template’s fields are taken from the parent template
- Copy subtasks allows you to create new issue from the template with its subtasks, without any manual work. This option is enabled by default.
In the Availability section:
- Limit the usage of the template to selected projects. If you leave the select empty, your template will be unavailable in all projects. This operation is equal to disabling the template.