- Template management
- Create a template
- Template Navigator
- Template details
- Direct links
- Use as a template
- Delete a template
- Using template
- Create Structure
- Apply template
- Comment field support
- Default template
- Global configuration
- Set of Fields (Scope)
- Template Repository Management
- Event log
- JQL Searchers
Learn how to apply a template to an existing issue.
Apply template allows you to autofill fields in an already created issue, with values defined in a template. Apart from that, it can generate sub-tasks under the target issue.
- Before you start, check the template’s Set of fields tab. If you leave an empty value there, nothing will be populated.
- Remember to add the Template custom field to the Edit Issue screen in your target project’s settings.
Apply template doesn’t support the Epic and Story issue types.
Apply a template to an issue
To apply a template:
- Create an issue or open an existing one.
- Click on More in the issue view.
- Select Apply Template.
- Select a template from the list.
- Click Apply.
Result: Issue fields have been overwritten with values from the template.
Templates are applied together with their sub-tasks only if the sub-template’s Stage is empty, and the post function Create Structure is added to the Create issue screen in your target project. Read more about it here.