- Template management
- Create a template
- Template Navigator
- Template details
- Direct links
- Use as a template
- Delete a template
- Using template
- Create Structure
- Apply template
- Comment field support
- Default template
- Global configuration
- Set of Fields (Scope)
- Template Repository Management
- Event log
- JQL Searchers
Delete a template
Check how to delete a template.
As any other Jira issues, templates can be removed from Jira permanently. It is not possible to restore them.
- We don’t recommend deleting templates. You can easily disable them in the Availability tab instead (read more here).
- Deleting a template won’t affect issues already created from it.
To delete a template:
- Navigate to the particular template issue (in the Template Repository TEMP) you would like to delete.
- Click More > Delete.
- Click Delete in pop-up window to confirm.
Result: The template is deleted from your Jira instance permanently.
This action also removes template’s data from the following database tables:
You can use selects to check whether the data are removed from database:
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_CONTEXT” where “TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ID”=52
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_CREATED” where “TEMPLATE_DETAIL_ID”=52
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_DEFAULT” where “TEMPLATE_ID”=52
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_DETAIL” where “ID”=52
You can find Template’s ID in Issue Templates section in the target template. Click here for more information.
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_SUBTASK” where “SUBTASK” in (12522, 12523)
select * from “AO_33A75D_IT_CREATED” where “SUBTASK_ID” in (select “ID” from “AO_33A75D_IT_SUBTASK” where “SUBTASK” in (12522, 12523))
To find sub-tasks ID, you can hover on the Edit tab in the target sub-task. An ID number is visible in the URL.