- Template management
- Create a template
- Template Navigator
- Template details
- Direct links
- Use as a template
- Delete a template
- Using template
- Create Structure
- Apply template
- Comment field support
- Default template
- Global configuration
- Set of Fields (Scope)
- Template Repository Management
- Event log
- JQL Searchers
See how you can manage your templates using Template Navigator
In order to access this area you need the edit issue permission (or higher). Read more about permissions here.
Template Navigator is a simple way of accessing the Template Repository. It allows you to display, edit and configure your templates.
You can find it by clicking Issue Templates > Manage Templates in the upper bar or by selecting Templates from the left-hand side navigation in the Templates (TEMP) project:
Browse and Filter Options
You can display your templates in many easy-to-navigate modes:
- Group them by project, category or issue type.
- Sort and filter the issues, search through them and change the way they are displayed.
Your templates are displayed in a tree structure which shows their issue type, name, issue key and relation to other issues. There are three main actions you can take from there:
- Click on the template name to open its details in the preview area to the right.
- Click on the three dots right to the template’s name to see the additional options.
- Click on the template’s issue key to open the actual template issue, where you can edit its summary, description and other fields.
Selectable and Unselectable Templates
You can easily figure out if a template is available or not in different contexts (either on the Create Issue screen or on the Customer Portal).
- If a template has been made unavailable in at least one context, a crossed circle icon will appear next to it on the list.
- You can find all selectable and unselectable templates by using one of the custom filters.
If you can’t find the answer you need in our documentation, raise a support request*.