Electronic Signature gives you the ability to authenticate users when they perform various activities in Jira. A special custom field requires users to provide their username and password in order to sign off an issue creation, editing, or transition. This way, you can build approval processes compliant with the FDA regulation CFR 21 part 11.
With Electronic Signature you can:
- enable user authentication in a custom field on the Create issue screen, Edit screen, and upon workflow transitions
- select user groups authorized to submit an electronic signature in particular projects
- display a history of transitions and their authors in a dedicated panel
- monitor failed authentication attempts in automatically generated logs
- lock transitions after failed authentication
- specify a number of failed authentication attempts, after which a transition is locked
- track access attempts and export them as PDF reports
- display PDF reports as attachments or external comments on the Customer portal
- select what data is included in the reports
- automatically attach PDF reports to their issues of origin
The app doesn’t store any passwords. Only usernames are saved in the PDF reports.
Find Electronic Signature for Jira on the Atlassian Marketplace.
To further enhance your Jira experience, check out: